Jul 13, 2011

My Strange Addiction

I have to admit something. I'm addicted. No, not to cigs or alcohol (although I do enjoy my margaritas!) Y'all have got to know I'm too much of a goody-two-shoes for the cigs. And no, I don't eat toilet paper or have a sex-doll wife (if that statement seems weird to you, you obviously haven't seen the "My Strange Addiction" show)

No, I'm addicted to Red Mango.

Have you heard of it? It's fantastic.


The first time John and I went, we hated it. I don't remember what kind I got but I remember John got vanilla and it was so weird! We vowed never to return and got on with our lives. And then, for some reason, fate intervened and we went back. Don't know why. Don't know how. It was only about a week later and from that point on, we were hooked


My order there is pretty classic - always chocolate mixed with some other fruity flavor. Fav has got to be raspberry but they got rid of that (BOO!) so now I alternate between a few different choices. Last night I got chocolate and strawberry and it was PEE-YOUR-PANTS-GOOD! Here's a snapshot of mine before I devoured it.


We went with some of John's friends, Brad and Garrett. They were first-timers and unfortunately felt the same way we felt about it the first time. At least, that's the message I got when I saw Garrett sneakily throw half of his away. GASP! How could he?!?! Next time he will fall in love.



Sidenote: I LOVE MY CAMERA!!!!



Red Mango is really different - it's not your average ice-cream place. First of all, it's frozen yogurt that actually tastes like yogurt. The chocolate was a little weird at first because it has that strange tang afterwards. That's why I pair it with the fruit. It has a nice zing

Photo by Garrett. Empty cup by Kati.

Can't wait to go back for more! Especially with this ridiculously hot Arkansas weather! I feel like I'm freaking melting!

So what about you? What's your strange addiction?

No comments: